Credit Karma takes your security seriously. So before you complete registration, we ask a few verification questions to make sure you’re really you.
When you’re on this page, make sure to read each question carefully before choosing your response. In some cases, “none of the above” may be an option.
If a question doesn’t seem to apply to you and “none of the above” is not an option, TransUnion (the bureau that sends us your credit info) might have the wrong info on file for you. This could be because they don’t have much data for you (i.e., you have a “thin” credit file), or because they’ve mismatched your data.
Here’s what you can do:
- Call TransUnion at 1-800-663-9980
- Select the option to speak to a representative.
- Ask to confirm that the info they have on file for you is correct.
- You might need to provide proof of who you are -- like your SIN or a credit card number.
- Have TransUnion update or remove any incorrect data.
- You’ll need to wait until TransUnion updates the information on your report and can generate new questions for you. This could take up to 96 hours.
If you’ve already answered the questions in step 3 and we weren’t able to verify your identity, you’ll have to wait 30 days before you can try again. Make sure you call TransUnion before your second try so you’re confident that they have the right info on file for you.
After you complete registration, you can update your credit report as often as once a week to check for errors or suspicious activity.